Si estás planeando hacer una presentación sobre Global Warming, este vocabulario podría serte útiles:
- Cut down on: reducir. Por ejemplo: “We need to cut down on the amount of CO2 we produce” (necesitamos reducir la cantidad de CO2 que producimos).
- Cut out: eliminar.
- Renewable energy: energía renovable.
- Carbon footprint: huella de carbono
- Carbon friendly: carbono
- Harmless/Harmful: inofensivo/ perjudicial.
- Carbon neutral: carbono neutral
- Under threat: bajo amenaza
- Harsh climate: clima severo
- Climate change: cambio climático
- Coming round: aceptar la idea
- Damage: dañar
- Irreversible: irreversible
- Look after: cuidar de
Cuando haces una presentación es importante sentirse confiado. Tienes que estar seguro de lo que estás diciendo. Sé que a veces puede ser estresante, pero es importante mantener la calma. Siempre ayuda practicar la pronunciación en casa de antemano. Si incluyes el vocabulario mencionado anteriormente, como los verbos compuestos, parecerás más interesante y la gente puede confundirte con alguien nativo.
Por ejemplo, con cut down on, podemos decir: We need to cut down on the amount of CO2.
Con under threat: Many animals are under threat due to climate change.
Con look after: We have to look after our planet because…
Con harmless/harmful: Many of the greenhouse gases that we produce are very harmful for our environment.
Veamos una redacción sobre Global Warming.
Healing the planet is all in your hands..!
Global warming is a very important problem which is affecting our planet. It is caused due to the overload of CO2 in our atmosphere, which makes Earth heat and increase temperatures. (0.7ºC over the last decade). Land and Ocean temperature is just a way of measuring climate change, although there are other several factors which can’t be left overlooked. The amount of ice cover, increasing sea levels, rainfall, snow pattern and change in animal and plant behaviour are also the effects caused by this matter. Humans are the main cause of this climate change, and there are many things which can be done to prevent chaos.
Here are some solutions to avoid Global Warming:
1. Reduce CO2 emissions. It is in our hands to avoid using our own vehicles and start using public transport, to decrease the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. We can also cycle to work, this is a good option. We are helping our planet and also getting some exercise!
2. Stop deforestation. This is an issue, as forests provide oxygen for us to breathe, and also many animals live here. Some animals are becoming extinct, not only because of deforestation but also due to the effect Global Warming has had, ,melting ice covers.. increasing sea levels.. etc.
3. Use renewable energy at home. Choose a company which generates its power from wind or solar energy.
4. Reduce the amount of water you use at home. This is a very effective way of preventing Global Warming, as heating your water and pumping it requires carbon pollution. It’s a good idea to take short showers, turn the tap off when it isn’t being used.. simple things that can make a big change!
5. Use better bulbs at home. If we use LED bulbs, we are using 80% less energy than a normal light bulb! Stop and think.
It’s all in our hands.. Simple changes, which are effortless, can help us save our planet for future generations. We love our planet, and ofcourse it’s more comfortable for us to drive instead of walking… but, our planet needs our help. What are you waiting for?
Start moving, cycle, walk.. respect our planet’s green spaces.