Have you got an insatiable thirst to roam the world and explore the vast planet? Albert Einstein said that the mind is like a parachute, it only works when you open it. As we travel we collect new ideas, meet new people and open our mind to the opinion of others, their culture and way of life.
With this in mind, here are some essential guidelines and vocabulary that you may need to get your journey started. Let’s embark on an adventure across skies, seas, lakes, mountain, roads and oceans.
Nowadays, our possibilities to visit far away places are more accessible than ever before. Whether you decide to travel solo, with friends and family or in a group there’s no doubt you’ll be needing some of the following items:
- Health insurance: be sure to have a medical plan in place before your departure to account for any health issues that may occur on your journey. It’s always better to be prepared and as we all know our health is our wealth. In addition, a first aid kit is very useful to have with you as you may prepare for any situation that may occur.
- A sturdy suitcase/backpack: a strong and durable one is best to withstand the endless movement and weight that it carries from airport to airport or country to country.
- Suitable clothing to match your holiday/ adventure: you may opt for beachwear, snow gear, hiking attire, casual, sporty, elegant, dressy or sophisticated outfits or even a blend of all of these styles. One tip, don’t overpack and try to bring just enough clothes for everyday. Extra luggage can often be a hassle when trying to transport bags and heavy materials which may tire you out faster.
- The correct currency that your destination deals in: surprisingly, the number of travellers who forget to change their money to the local one is quite large and it’s a great idea to have this sorted before you arrive. Organisation will save you time and allow you to maximise your stay without having to search for a currency exchange office.
- A good camera: capturing those unforgettable moments, landscapes, faces, natural wonders and animals will allow you to look back and cherish your fond and fun memories or rather the hard and difficult times hat you encountered too.
- Travelling attitude. If you travel in a group, could, team or solo the most important element of your journey must be those whom you chose to travel with. Be patient, expect the unexpected, keep a wise approach, remain calm and most of all try new things, be adventurous and risk new experiences that will shape your life and change who you are.
With these ingredients in your bag you’ll be setting off for an exciting and thrilling adventure that will surely open your eyes and mind to a whole new world. Safe travels!