One of the most common questions when you’re getting to know someone is ‘What are your hobbies?’; it’s a very useful question to break the ice and to start a conversation with someone. In this blog, we’re going to give you some tips that will help you to ask and answer all the questions related to hobbies.
Questions people can ask you to learn about your interests
1. What do you do in your free time/spare time?
2. What are your hobbies/interests?
3. What activities do you do to relax?
4. What are you into?
How to answer these questions
1. I really enjoy/like/love + v-ing+ (noun) … e.g. I really like playing football
2. My hobbies are +v-ing + (noun)… e.g. My hobbies are going to the cinema, playing basketball, swimming…
3. Some activities I do to relax are…
4. I’m into+ v-ing … e.g. I’m into cooking
Possible hobbies you may have (we normally use v-ing to talk about them)
-Playing the guitar/ the piano / the violin / the flute
-Going to+ the cinema/the park/the beach/the gym
The next time you want to talk about your hobbies in English, you know which expressions to use.